Electrical Engineering is a profession that involves the conceptualization, development, design, and application of safe, healthy, ethical, economic, and sustainable generation, transmission, distribution, and utilization of electrical energy for the benefit of society and the environment through the knowledge of mathematics, physical sciences, information technology, and other allied sciences, gained by study, research and practice.
Electrical Engineering is one of the broader fields of the engineering disciplines both in terms of the range of problems that fall within its purview and in the range of knowledge required to solve these problems.
Within five years after graduation, the graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering program (BSEE) program of the University of Negros Occidental – Recoletos (UNO-R) honed to be S.I.M.P.L.E., will be any or a combination of the following:
- Employed as electrical engineers or engaged in entrepreneurial activities.
- Successful in their continuing pursuit of higher learning by finishing graduate or post-graduate studies or by engaging themselves in research activities.
- Leaders and role models of the society and their profession.
Skills Development (but not limited to)
- Problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Basic circuit knowledge
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Numerical skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Work ethic
- Programming skills
Curricular Requirements (Course Units Distribution)
|Level||Course Classification||First Semester||Second Semester||Summer|
|First Year||General Education||8 Units||11 Units||—|
|General Engineering||8 Units||12 Units|
|Professional Engineering||1 Unit||1 Unit||—|
|Institutional Requirements||4 Units||3 units||—|
|Second Year||General Education||8 units||11 units||—|
|General Engineering||8 Units||—|
|Professional Engineering||8 Units||16 Units||—|
|Institutional Requirements||3 Units||3 Units||—|
|Third Year||General Education||6 Units||6 Units||—|
|General Engineering||3 Units||3 Units|
|Professional Engineering||17 Units||18 Units||2 Units|
|Fourth Year||General Education||—||—|
|General Engineering||6 Units||—|
|Professional Engineering||15 Units||21 Units|
|Institutional Requirements||—||1 Unit|
Work Opportunities (but not limited to)
- Design new ways to use electrical power to develop or improve products.
- Develop manufacturing, construction, and installation standards.
- Direct the manufacturing, installation, and testing of electrical equipment.
- Manage the production of electrical projects to ensure work is completed well, on time, and within budget.
Rates per semester
BSEE First Semester AY 2021-2022 PhP 16,700
- College Admission Test: https://www.uno-r.edu.ph/news/news/admin/2021/01/college-admission-test-for-2021-2022-now-available/
- Online Enrollment: https://www.uno-r.edu.ph/enrollment/freshmen/
Program Entry Requirements
- Form138 or School Form 10 (SF10)
- PSA Birth Certificate
- PSA Marriage Contract (for married women only)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 2x 2 picture
- College Admission Test Result (secure from SDPC)
Ms. Pamela L. Delgado
Program Head’s Messenger: https://web.facebook.com/messages/t/100004150173987/