Program Objectives (MAPEH) In line with the Mission Statement of the University, the Bachelor in Secondary Education with major in Music, Arts and Physical Education program aims to:
- expose MAPEH students with the different physical activities, environmental information, art and musical activities through seminar-workshops, lectures and conferences in order to abreast them with the new trends;
- provide training in basic skills in sports, dance, music and art in order to enhance the skills and one’s fitness and be able to use this in promoting a healthy lifestyle;
- provide training on leadership, sports coaching and officiating; dance and music; and
- offers opportunities for continuous and viable linkages with various schools, government and non-government agencies as well as sports, professional association dance companies and other environmental and health agencies;
- assist the students to hone their skills toward proficiency through availment of the expertise and assistance of agencies for students’ educational exposure.
- analyze significant literary works published locally, nationally, and internationally and apply a variety of critical theories of literary interpretation;
- apply techniques of research for various fields of English as a second language;
- write effectively and demonstrate superior skills on the writing process and writing techniques; and
- demonstrate analytical and communication skills useful in the pursuit of a wide variety of careers aside from teaching.
- provide up-dated and relevant scientific knowledge and skills;
- enhance students’ knowledge and skills by applying varied teaching strategies in imparting these scientific knowledge and skills; and
- develop orderly habits, intellectual honesty, and self-reliance through planned and creative science-related activities.
- provide basic and advanced mathematical concepts and principles;
- illustrate creative and more interesting ways of presenting mathematical concepts and principles; and
- develop students’ skills in solving mathematical problems by using scientific method, logical reasoning, and reflective thinking.