The UNO-R High School Department aims:
- To provide opportunities for the students to develop nationalism, social awareness, and involvement and appreciation of the Filipino culture and heritage.
- To enable students to understand concepts, principles, recognize mathematical and scientific relationships, perform fundamental operations and common laboratory procedures and apply this knowledge in solving relevant problems in his environment.
- To enable students to gain proficiency in the use of English and Filipino for facility of expression in social interaction, for the development of his ability in creating literary works and for a deeper appreciation and understanding of the vast range of human experiences.
- To equip the students with the practical knowledge and skills necessary in livelihood pursuits and to keep abreast with the global technological advancement.
- To provide opportunities for the optimum development of physical, mental and spiritual well – being and the aesthetic appreciation.
- To foster harmonious relationship with the parents of the students.
- To provide for the educational, spiritual and social growth of the faculty members.
- To provide scholarship programs for the poor but deserving students through cooperative financial efforts of the students, faculty, alumni and the administration.
- To provide opportunities for the students to relate with the communities outside the school through community relation programs, catechesis and outreach programs.
- To expose student teachers to classroom situations and to train them in the performance of their functions and responsibilities as future teachers.
A UNO-R High School Graduate is:
• Socially and Spiritually Aware and Involved.
• Proficient in English and Filipino.
• Skillful in Math, Science, PE, Practical Arts and Computer.
A UNO-R High School Student is Expected to:
- Manifest nationalism and appreciation of the Filipino culture and heritage and be socially aware and involved in promoting national pride and solidarity.
- Demonstrate critical and objective thinking in applying mathematical and scientific concepts, principles and skills in solving relevant problems in his environment.
- Clearly communicate his deep appreciation and understanding of vast range of human experiences with facility in the use of both oral and written English and Filipino.
- Possess practical knowledge and skills necessary in livelihood pursuits and to keep abreast with the global technological advancement.
- Be actively involved in activities that promote the optimum development of physical, mental and spiritual well – being and aesthetic appreciation.
- Interact with the communities outside the school through catechesis, community relation and outreach programs.
The High School Department is located at the southwestern side of the University beside the elementary building. It has three separate buildings. The main building is where the offices of the Principal and Assistant Principal, the Faculty room, the six classrooms and the Citizens Army Training (CAT) office are located. The Physics laboratory and the Biology laboratory are in the third building. Adequate lavatory facilities for the students and faculty are found in these buildings.
One classroom of the second floor and half of the ground floor of the Teacher’s College building are occupied by the High School. It is where the High School Academic and Cultural Center (HACC), the Computer Laboratory, the Home Economics and the other two classrooms are located.
The High School Student Development and Placement Center is at the ground floor of the Commerce building and occupies the room very near the High School Office. The Chemistry laboratory is at the Grade School building very near the main building.
The Department has a mini stage at a spacious park where the students hold their flag ceremony and other activities. It has a joint High School and Grade School library.
The University has an Instructional Media Center, an Auditorium, a Gymnasium, a Mini Gym, a Covered Court, a Speech Laboratory, an Oratory and a Canteen, the facilities of which are available to the High School Students whenever service of such are needed.