The Grade School Department is located at the southwestern side of the University. It has two separate buildings. The main building is where the Office of the Principal, the Teachers’ Conference Room, 17 classrooms, and the Guidance Office are located. The Pre-Elementary is located south of the main building, along the Work Education and Home Economics Rooms. Both buildings have adequate lavatory facilities for the pupils and faculty. It has a spacious playground for the graders and a separate playground for the pre-elementary pupils. Added to the beauty of the elementary department is the well-landscaped playground and a newly-constructed canopy along Roxas gate. The Department has a joint High School and Grade School Library, located at the ground floor of Fray Luis de Leon Library and a Science Laboratory. A PTA Shed house is located near the tennis court for the parents and companions of the pupils. A Lunch Area was constructed at the back of the Pre-Elementary building to accommodate the children who eat lunch in school.
The University provides for the Elementary Department the Instructional Media Center, a Speech Laboratory, an Auditorium, a Gymnasium, an Amphitheater, an Adoration Chapel, a Sta. Monica Retreat House and the Oratory of San Nicholas of Tolentine. The pupils enjoy the luxury of facilities especially during sports where the newly-constructed covered court is fully utilized by the elementary department during Physical Education Classes, sports events and cultural practices. These different facilities are available whenever services are needed.
To uphold Catholic teachings with special emphasis on the lives of Christ and Mary in developing the spiritual life of the pupils.Objectives of Grade School Department:
- To teach the pupils the basic learning skills in Reading, Writing and Mathematics and to prepare them academically for future learning.
- To develop attitudes, values and ideals of the pupils for them to become worthy members of the society.
- To provide parents, faculty members and pupils with activities and opportunities that will foster their socio-cultural, civic and nationalistic involvements and concerns in a democratic society.
- To develop physical aspect of the pupils and to instill in them the importance of maintaining a sound mind and healthy body.
- As a laboratory school of the College of Education, it aims to provide student teachers with various activities for them to experience actual classroom situations and to train them in their performance of their functions and responsibilities as future teachers.